Invoicing HUD

This page explains how suppliers invoice us.

We prefer to receive invoices electronically.

Please send your invoices and any payment queries to our Accounts Payable team at

If you are unable to send your invoices electronically, you can also send it to:

Ministry of Housing and Urban Development
P O Box 82
Wellington 6140

Tips to make sure your payment isn’t delayed

To make sure your payment is released without delay:

  • Submit a complete and accurate invoice that meets the requirements of the Goods and Services Tax Act 1985 (link). If your business is registered for GST your invoices should include your GST number and state the words ‘Tax Invoice’ as well as comply with all aspects of the Act
  • As well as the HUD issued contract number, please make sure you include in your invoice the name of the HUD person who requested the goods and services
  • Review your contract/services order/statement of work to ensure it matches the invoice exactly
  • If there are any discrepancies or changes, contact the HUD person who requested the goods or services before sending your invoice to discuss and if need to be have a Variation raised to capture changes and resolve discrepancies. Any inconsistencies between what was delivered, the contract/service order/statement of work and the invoice could result in delayed payment.

Published: May 18, 2020