What we do
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) plays a lead role in helping individuals, family and whānau have healthy, secure and affordable homes that meet their needs.
We want to create thriving communities that connect to the places people live, work, learn and play.
As the Government’s lead advisor on housing and urban development, we’re working to:
- address homelessness
- increase public and private housing supply
- make existing homes warmer and healthier
- make housing affordable for people to rent and buy
- support quality urban development and thriving communities.
Official Information Act requests
The Official Information Act 1982 or (OIA) enables people in New Zealand to make a request for official information held by government agencies, including HUD.
Partner with us
We're not doing this work alone. We're working closely with:
- other central and local government agencies
- the housing sector
- communities and iwi.
Together we aim to make a positive and lasting difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
October 1, 2018