The Local Innovation and Partnership Fund
The Local Innovation and Partnership Fund is a $16.6 million fund set up under the Homelessness Action Plan. The fund is open to partnerships of two or more local providers or organisations to address homelessness in their region.
The Fund aims to:
- enable and support community organisations, local government, Iwi and wider community partners to work together on initiatives to address homelessness
- fund wider homelessness projects where a community identifies a need that is currently not being responded to, or where existing support is not adequate.
- build on the knowledge, strengths and connections of local organisations and people to respond to local causes and drivers of homelessness.
We are not accepting applications at this time.
First funding round
$4.096 million was released in the first round of the fund and was announced on 15 March 2020. It focused on initiatives that aim to support one or more of the following vulnerable groups:
- Pacific Peoples
- rangatahi/young people
- migrants and refugees
- older people
- the rainbow community
- people with disabilities.
- Takiri Mai o Te Ata Collective in partnership with Petone Budget Service Inc
- Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga in partnership with Whatever it Takes Trust
- RainbowYOUTH in partnership with Te Ngākau Kahukura and Auckland Council
- One Double Five Whare Awhina Community House in partnership with Mahitahi Hauora, Whangarei Youth Space, Ngati Hine Health Trust, Pehiaweri Marae and Northland Urban Rural Mission
- Kāhui Tū Kaha in partnership with Auckland Council, Auckland Housing First Collective, South Pacific Pride and Arohanui ki te Tangata
- Te Taumata o Ngati Whakaue Iho Ake Trust in partnership with Manaaki Ora Trust
- Lifewise in partnership with Auckland City Mission.
HUD expects to work in partnership with grant recipients to provide more information about the funded initiatives once they are underway.
Future funding rounds
A second round of funding is expected to be announced soon.
The Aotearoa/New Zealand Homelessness Action Plan
As part of the development of the Aotearoa/ New Zealand Homelessness Action Plan and through work with the Sector, the Government has made $16.6 million available for the Local Innovation and Partnership Fund over three years to support local initiatives to respond to and prevent homelessness. Find out more about the Homelessness Action Plan.
Published: June 3, 2021