Housing and Budget 2020
Budget 2020 is the Rebuilding Together Budget. Housing supports the wellbeing of all New Zealanders and more housing stimulates the construction sector as part of our post-COVID recovery. There are housing-related items in Budget 2020 that you can read more information about below.
- The Government will deliver an extra 8,000 new public and transitional homes through Budget 2020, in a move that will stimulate the residential construction sector, create jobs and reduce the housing shortage.
- The additional housing places will be delivered by Kāinga Ora, Community Housing Providers and transitional housing providers.
- Read the Government’s PR on the Beehive website - 8000 more public houses to be delivered
Funding for Māori Housing
- The Government is also directing $40m towards delivering bespoke outcomes for Māori housing, guided by Te Maihi o te Whare Māori – the Māori and Iwi Housing Innovation (MAIHI) Framework for Action.
- Read the Government’s PR on the Beehive website – More than 900 million to support Māori as we rebuild together
Published: May 18, 2020