Housing Package advice now available
Published 29 Apr 21
Documents with the Ministry’s official advice about the Government’s Housing Package is now available on the Ministry website.
The Government Housing Package
In March 2021, the Government announced a Housing Package to increase housing supply, improve housing affordability, and support first home buyers.
The Housing Package included:
- The Housing Acceleration Fund, a $3.8 billion fund to accelerate housing supply in the short to medium term.
- An increase in First Home Products so more people can access First Home Grants and Loans with increased income caps and higher house price caps in targeted areas
- Proposed changes to the bright-line test doubled to 10 years with an exemption to incentivise new builds
- Proposed changes to interest deductions on residential property income(external link) to remove a loophole for future investors and phase out on existing residential investment
- Apprenticeship Boost initiative extended to further support trades and trades training.
For more information
Please visit the Treasury website(external link) for more documents and information related to the Housing Package.