You need to pre-qualify to be able to enter a ballot for a KiwiBuild home. To pre-qualify you'll need to check your eligibility and supply the required information.
When to apply
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for KiwiBuild pre-qualification.
You can apply at any time but your pre-qualification only remains valid for 6 months from the date you pre-qualify. For this reason you may want to start the pre-qualification process once you find a KiwiBuild home you're interested in.
What information you'll need
To complete your application, you'll need to provide:
- Proof of residency (certified copies of Passport and visas)
- Proof of income (IRD Certificate of earning for the prior 12 months)
If you are self-employed, you must provide your earnings documents for the most current tax year, including:
- Your personal IR3 statement
- Return Acknowledgement
- Notice of Assessment
- Financial pre-approval from a bank or other lender, as well as evidence of your own deposit
- A KiwiBuild Statutory Declaration
Saving your application
Once you start an application you can save it and, for example, get the documents you need.
Expect to take 20 to 30 minutes to complete the application.
October 1, 2018