You need to pre-qualify before you can enter a ballot for a KiwiBuild home. To pre-qualify you'll need to check your eligibility and supply some information.
When to apply
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for KiwiBuild pre-qualification.
Your pre-qualification is valid for six months from the date you pre-qualify, so best time to start the pre-qualification process is once you find a KiwiBuild home you're interested in.
What information you'll need
To complete your application, you'll need to provide:
- proof of residency (certified copies of your passport or visa status)
- proof of income (IRD certificate of earning for the prior 12 months). How to find your IRD certificate
- Financial pre-approval from a bank or other lender, as well as evidence of your own deposit
- A KiwiBuild Statutory Declaration
If you are self-employed, you must provide your earnings documents for the most current tax year, including:
- your personal IR3 statement
- return acknowledgement
- notice of assessment
Once you have your documentation, you will need to sign the Statutory Declaraion in front of a person who is authorised to take declarations
Saving your application
It should take you 20 to 30 minutes to complete the application.
Once you start your application you can save it and return at a later date to add documentation
October 1, 2018